Last updated: May 15th, 2018
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what data Optimise collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data. Optimize offers a webpage and mobile app service to connect Shippers with Carriers for transporting goods. References to Optimise services in this statement include websites, apps, software, servers, and devices.
1. DATA WE COLLECT
Optimize collects data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an Optimise account, submit insurance documents and industry certifications or administer your organization’s account or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your devices. We also obtain data from third parties.
If you are a Shipper and submit a shipment request, we collect certain details related to your submission, for example:
- Date and time of your submission
- Origin and destination addresses
- Date and time of pick-up/drop off
- Description of the goods being transported
- Rate, and other information about the Shipment
If you are a Carrier, we collect certain details related to your accepted bids such as:
- Date and time of your acceptance
- Driver allocated
- Timestamps of load milestones
If you are a Driver transporting goods for a Carrier using Optimise, we collect certain details related to your transport journey such as:
- Scanned and uploaded shipping documents
Scanning: Our service requires access to the driver’s mobile app to upload certain documents relating to the completion of shipments such as PODs, dockets, insurance certificates, and other legal documents. We may also require the driver to submit photographs of the goods to document the condition of the cargo. All these requirements rely on access to the driver’s mobile phone camera functionality.
Location: The Optimise service requires the collection of accurate location information. When you download the Optimise Drive app we will request permission to access your location information. If permission is granted, we will collect location data from your device to track shipments and allocate relevant loads to best-placed carriers.
2. HOW WE USE DATA
Optimize uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide you the services we offer, which includes using data to improve our services and personalize your logistics experiences. We may also use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, security updates, and service information. Optimize will also use data to help show more relevant load information.
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Optimise Platform:
- Enable you to access and use the Optimise Platform
- Enable you to communicate shipments or accept shipments
- Operate, protect, and improve the platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research
- Provide customer service
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your carrier/shipper invitations, (ii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iii) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection
- To operate, protect, improve the Optimise experience, and customize your logistics experience (such as targeting specific lanes or types of loads)
We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving the Optimise Platform and our user’s experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment:
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your insurance and industry certifications etc.)
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties
- Enforce our Shipper and Carrier Terms of Services and other policies
We process this information given our legitimate interest in protecting the Optimise Platform, measuring the adequate performance of our contract with you, and complying with applicable laws.
3. DATA WE SHARE WITH OTHER OPTIMISE USERS
To facilitate the booking of shipments or other interactions between Shipper and Carrier users, we need to share certain information with other users, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you want to send carriers requests for transport
- When you want to accept potential load requests
We may also need to share your information for the following reasons:
- With contracted third parties such as consultants, vendors, and service providers who require access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- Optimize may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Optimise, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with users, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Optimise, its employees, its users, or members of the public
- Where appropriate, we may notify users about legal requests unless (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Optimise’s property, its users, and the Optimise platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that user about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so
4. FRAUD PREVENTION
Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Optimise platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. Optimize carries out these activities based on a legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
Users may exercise any of the rights described in this section before your applicable Optimise Logistics Data Controller by sending us an email.
5.1 Managing Your Information:
You may access and update some of your information through your account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
5.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information:
- You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Optimise account)
5.3 Data Access and Portability:
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible)
5.4 Data Retention and Erasure:
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide Optimise services to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Optimise Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations
The information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews,) may continue to be publicly visible on the Optimise Platform, even after your account is canceled. However, the attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database but are disassociated from personal identifiers. Because we maintain the Optimise Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period.
5.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing:
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Optimise you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to Optimise specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular, where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
5.6 Lodging Complaints:
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Optimise before the competent data protection authorities. Your Data Controller Optimise Logistics Limited, you have the right to file a complaint with its lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Optimise Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Optimise Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.