While online gaming has become very popular we all use our personal email and other personal information like identification number and bank account details while playing many games. We also provide our gaming account details to certain agencies for boosting levels in the game. By doing this we risk our personal information which is often not protected by the organizations on the opposite end.
Tips to protect personal information during online gaming
So here are a few things you can do to protect your account.
- Do not share your account information through any email offering prizes and asking for account details. This is called phishing and is quite tricky.
- Create and use a strong password to prevent password cracking. This is done by software which generates a number of possible password for your account.
- If you are on a public Wi-Fi network then preferably use a VPN app. This would help to keep your account protected from others in that same network.
- Use trusted websites to play your favourite online game. Like you can play online poker in AmanQQ. choose a trusted site for your favourite game.
- Use an antimalware app to protect your account from theft like you use antivirus to protect your computer from virus. And always download the version of applications available on your official app store.
- Use a different email id for playing online games. Do not use the email is linked to your bank account or other personalized information.
- Do not click on any link or pop-ups during playing on unofficial websites. This may invite virus and other serious threats to your system.
These are just tips to keep your account safe and protected from thefts leading to any misuse of your account.